Monday, July 30, 2012

Chicken Cordon Bleu Pasta

I found this recipe over at Chef In Training.  I love traditional chicken cordon bleu so I thought this would be a good twist on that and something that Randal and I would both like.  This recipe is really good, but it's so rich that a little goes a long way, but what else can you expect from a recipe made with a brick of cream cheese and 2 cups of heavy cream!



10 oz penne pasta
2 cups heavy cream
8 oz cream cheese
1/2 tsp onion powder
1/2 tsp garlic salt
1 1/2 cup swiss cheese, grated
2 cooked chicken breasts, cut into strips
3/4 cup bacon, diced
3/4 cup ham, diced
1/2 cup breadcrumbs

Preheat oven to 350

Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain and set aside.

Heat cream cheese over medium heat until melted. Stir in heavy cream, add the onion powder, garlic salt  and swiss cheese, stir together until smooth.

In a 9x13 baking dish, add noodles noodles, chicken, bacon and ham. Pour the sauce over and top with more swiss cheese and the breadcrumbs. Bake  for 20 minutes.

Pin It

3 comments:

The Daily Smash said...

Love your blog I am your newest follower and looking over your blog is making me hungry lol. Come and check out my blog if you get a min.

www.thedailysmash101.blogspot.com

Amy said...

Thanks for a great recipe, Sarah! I made this for SRC club today!

website for Alaska Halibut Fishing Charter said...

OMG!! That recipe sounds soo very good. I can feel my thighs and hips expanding just reading it but it would be so worth it. I could exercise a little more just to get a taste. Thank you for the recipe I will definitely pin it!!