Thursday, July 19, 2012

Pineapple and Honey Ribs

Randal loves bbq and especially ribs, and I know I have said it before, but it's just not my favourite thing. I am always looking for different rib recipes that will give Randal his bbq fix but will be different enough from that bbq sauce flavour so that I can enjoy it also. These pineapple honey ribs from Snappy Gourmet are so good, I think I have found my new favourite rib recipe, the pineaple and lime really add so much flavour to the honey bbq sauce and Randal loved them also.  The only thing I changed about this recipe was the cooking method, because unless Randal is home to grill them I always cook ribs low and slow in the oven.
 


1 rack of pork ribs
3 tbsp caribbean jerk seasoning
1 cup honey barbecue sauce
1 1/4 cup chopped pineapple
3 tbsp lime juice

Line a baking sheet with foil, put the ribs on the foil and cover with the caribbean seasoning. cover with the foil and refrigerate for at least an hour.

Put the bbq sauce, pineapple and lime juice in a food processor and blend until smooth, refrigerate until ready to use.

Heat oven to 275.

Brush the bbq sauce onto the ribs, cover with foil and bake for 4 hours, basting the ribs every hour with the bbq sauce.

Pin It

No comments: