Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Nigella Lawson Book Signing

Last night the hubby and I went to a Nigella Lawson book signing for her new Christmas book. I was so beyond excited to see her in person, I have been looking forward to this book signing for months. My wonderful hubby stopped by the bookstore to buy not only me but my mum a book each and get our signing line tickets, and then he even left work early so we would be able to get there on time. My mum lives in England, so obviously she wasn't there, so the hubby actually stood in line and got a book signed for her.



One thing that really shocked me was the amount of British people that were there. I haven't been around that many British people in 7 years and it was actually kind of emotional, hearing all those regional British accents and for the first time in 7 years I was in a place where the Brits out numbered the Americans.

Nigella was great, she gave a little talk and then took questions from the audience, and then when it was finally our turn to get our books signed she asked how long it had been since I had been back home to England and she tought it was sad that I have never gone back in the 7 years that I have been here.

It was a great night and I can't thank my wonderful and patient hubby enough for taking me and for standing in line with a Margaret name tag so my mum could have a signed book!

Anyway, my pictures didn't turn out that great, but I had to post one anyway!





My mum's copy, that we will be shipping back to England at the weekend

No comments: