Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Pioneer Pie

I have been meaning to make this pie for a few weeks now, and finally made it last night. The hubby and I both liked it, I think he liked it more than I did though, mainly because I am not that much of a fan of bbq sauce. This is another recipe I got from Kayotic Kitchen


1 lb ground beef
4 bacon slices
1 onion
1 garlic clove
6 tbsp bbq sauce
1 tbsp worcester sauce
1 tbsp ketchup
2 cans heinz baked beans
4 large potatoes
2 carrots
1/4 cup milk
pepper & salt
breadcrumbs
grated cheese

Peel and chop the potatoes and carrots, boil them for 20 minutes, or until tender.

Fry the beef, bacon, onion and garlic until browned, drain fat.

Add the worcester sauce, bbq sauce, ketchup and beans to the meat mixture, and simmer for 15 minutes.

Once the potatoes are done, mash them with milk, salt and pepper.

Transfer the meat mixture to a baking dish, top with the mashed potatoes, sprinkle bread crums and cheese on top and bake at 350 for 30 minutes, or until cheese has melted.

No comments: