Sunday, August 11, 2013

Dessert Wontons

Time for another Secret Recipe Club reveal. This month I was assigned the blog Bizzy Bakes . Another great blog with so many delicious looking recipes, however I feel really guilty that this month I left my recipe making to the last minute and went for something super easy, although still delicious. I blame this on the fact that we have all been sick for the past three weeks, and I have had little energy for cooking. I went with these Dessert Wontons as I knew that Randal would love them and we could make them quickly. I changed the cooking method to go with the more traditional fried wontons as I knew that we would prefer fried over  boiling and then baking these, and he was doing the cooking tonight.    These turned out great and Randal ended up eating the entire plate immediately!


8 wonton wrappers
2/3 cup cream cheese
3/4 cup sugar
1 tbsp cinnamon  (we prefer a really nice toasted Saigon cinnamon)
water
oil for frying

Heat oil in a small, deep pan until it reaches 325.

Mix together the sugar and cinnamon.

In a small bowl, mix together the cream cheese and 1/2 cup of the cinnamon sugar mixture.

Place a teaspoon of the filling onto the center of each wonton wrapper, brush the edges with water and fold over to make a triangle.

Fry for 2 to 3 minutes, until golden brown on both sides, remove from oil and immediately coat in the remaining cinnamon sugar (if you wait too long, or drain the oil, the cinnamon sugar won't stick).

Pin It

9 comments:

Unknown said...

I love dessert wontons! Yummy, I'm glad I had a chance to check out your blog :)

Judee@ Gluten Free A-Z Blog said...

Sometimes a nice easy recipe is just what you need. These dessert wontons look amazing.. thanks for the recipe.

Unknown said...

I haven't made dessert wontons before but they look super easy and a quick and easy recipe. Great choice for the SRC!

Chaya said...

I am glad you liked them You can also fill them with chocolate for a change of pace. Thanks for cooking from my blog.

shelley c. said...

Wonton wrappers are so versatile, aren't they? These look delicious - what a fun and yummy choice!

Unknown said...

Ooh these look so tasty. Not bad for a quick pick when you're not feeling great. Hope you're doing better.

Rebekah said...

Anything involving cream cheese and cinnamon sugar has to be good! And I love bite-sized desserts - you can eat more of them!!

Jennifer said...

I made something like this before with apple pie filling. Such an easy thing to do and you can fill them with anything.

Morsels of Life | CJ Huang said...

These look quick, easy, and tasty - a winning combo! :)