Thursday, February 19, 2009

Weight Watchers Colcannon

I have been looking for more healthy sides, and found this recipe in my weight watchers cook book so decided to give it a try and with only 144 calories per 1 cup serving I was pretty pleased with it. Of course my hubby was only interested in it covered in butter which kind of defeats the purpose!

Ingredients:
3 medium potatoes, peeled, cooked and cubed
1/2 cup plain fat free yogurt
4 cups chopped, steamed green cabbage
3-4 leeks trimmed, chopped and steamed
3 tablespoons chives (I didn't have any so left them out)
3/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon white pepper
Pinch of nutmeg
2 teaspoons olive oil


Preheat the oven to 350
In a large bowl combine the potatoes and yogurt and mash until fairly smooth


Stir in the cabbage, leeks, chives, salt, pepper and nutmeg


Put mixture into a baking dish, sprinkle with the oil and bake until lightly browned, about 30 minutes

1 comment:

Sarah said...

These actually look really yummy!