Monday, October 29, 2012

Red Curry Spaghetti Bolognese

I couldn't wait to try this recipe from Wholesome Cook, even though I didn't have all the ingredients on hand this curried bolognese was great. The original recipe was made with pork and veal mince and has peas and broad beans, I only had beef mince so I went with that and left out the peas and beans. I wasn't disappointed at all, and it was so easy to make and much quicker than a traditional bolognese. 



1 lb ground beef
1 onion, chopped
1 can diced tomatoes
1 tsp chinese five spice
3 tbsp red curry paste
8 oz spaghetti

Cook the spaghetti to package directions.

Brown the beef in a large pan along with the chopped onion, drain. Add the five spice, curry paste and tomatoes and leave to simmer for 10 minutes.  Stir in the cooked spaghetti and serve.

Pin It

No comments: