Sunday, July 28, 2013

Limoncello Cake

I have been wanting to make this cake from  Technicolor Kitchen  for a long time, but now that I am doing in home daycare again I don't get as much time to bake as I used to, so when I had a few days off last week the first thing I did was find some new recipes to make for Randal to take to the office.  This limoncello cake was my favourite, it is no secret that as much I enjoy baking cakes I really do not enjoy eating them, but if there is a kind of cake I love it's one like this, not too sweet, lemony with a simple lemon glaze poured over it.

Cake:
1 cup plain, unsweetened yogurt
2 eggs
1/3 cup canola oil
finely grated zest of 2 lemons
juice of 1 lemon
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup sugar
½ cup  limoncello
2 cups all purpose flour
1 ½ teaspoons baking power
½ teaspoon baking soda
pinch of salt

Glaze:
¾ cup icing sugar
½-1 tablespoons lemon juice

Preheat oven to 350. 

In a large bowl whisk together the yogurt, eggs, canola oil, lemon zest and juice. Add vanilla, sugar and limoncello and mix well. Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt and stir into the yogurt mixture.  Pour into a greased 9 x 12 baking pan. Bake for 20-25 minutes.

To make the glaze, put the icing sugar into a small bowl and gradually add the lemon juice, mixing until you get a pourable consistency. Pour over the cooled cake. Set aside for 20 minutes for glaze to set.

Pin It

No comments: