Thursday, July 24, 2014

Bread Machine Naan Bread

I have recently rediscovered my bread machine, I used to love that thing and used it frequently but for the past few years it has been sitting in my pantry unused and neglected.  I really don't know why, but I walked past it recently and just decided to drag it out, clean it up and actually make something with it.

I ended up deciding on a bread machine naan bread as we were having curry for dinner that night, so a perfect combination.  I really can't believe I have ignored my bread machine for so long, it is just so easy and always produces great bread. 


2/3 cup warm milk 
2 tsp unsalted butter, melted 
2 tsp yeast 
1 lb all purpose flour 
1 tsp salt 
1 tsp baking powder 
2 tbsp olive oil 
2/3 cup plain yogurt 
1 large egg 
2 tsp sugar

In the bowl of the bread machine add the milk, butter, sugar and yeast.  Followed by the flour, baking powder and salt.  Add the olive oil, yogurt and egg.  

Set the bread machine to the dough setting.

When the bread machine has finished, heat the oven to 500.  Divide the dough into 6 equal balls, and with a rolling pin flatten into ovals about 1/3 inch thick.  Place the dough onto a large baking sheet and bake for 2-3 minutes, until dough starts to puff.  Brush with melted butter and serve.

Pin It

No comments: