Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Mascarpone Chive Mashed Potatoes

I recently made some tiramisu cupcakes and I had some mascarpone cheese left in the fridge with no idea of what to do with it, so I went looking for recipes that used mascarpone and when I found these mashed potatoes from easy everyday eats  I knew they would be perfect with the meatballs I was making for dinner. 

I really cannot say enough good things about these potatoes, even Randal who wouldn't normally even want to eat mascarpone cheese loved them, and declared them the best mashed potatoes I have ever made.


3 lbs russet potatoes
2 bay leaves
Chicken broth
8 oz mascarpone cheese
3 tbsp butter
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
1/4 cup chives

Peel and slice the potatoes, place in a large saucepan with enough chicken broth to cover the potatoes add the bay leaves and bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes, or until tender.

Drain cooked potatoes and discard the bay leaves.  Mash the potatoes, adding the butter, salt, pepper and mascarpone cheese.  Stir in the chopped chives and serve.

Pin It

No comments: