Sunday, August 10, 2014

SRC - Champagne Cupcakes

Time for another Secret Recipe Club reveal.  This month I was assigned the blog Amy's Cooking Adventures. As I usually do when I get my assigned blog I go straight for the dessert recipes, and I have to say that Amy is an amazing baker, her cake decorating skills are amazing and I wish I were half as talented.  I was really torn between these champagne cupcakes and the jalapeno popper pasta  because Randal really wanted to try that one, so in the end I made both but decided on the cupcakes for the official SRC post, the pasta will be posted soon as it was another great recipe. 

I did make one slight change to the original recipe, as I had some raspberry puree in the fridge that I needed to use, so I added some to the frosting.


  
 
Champagne Cupcakes:
2/3 cup plus 2 tbsp all purpose flour
1/4 tsp baking powder
1/8 tsp baking soda
1/8 tsp salt
1/2 cup oil
2/3 cup sugar
2 large eggs
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1/4 cup champagne
Preheat oven to 350 and line a muffin tin with cupcake liners.
In a small bowl combine the flour, salt, baking powder and baking soda.
In the bowl of an electric mixer, add the sugar, oil and egg and beat together.  

Add half the flour mixture to the bowl and mix just until combined.

Add the champagne and vanilla and mix.

Add the remaining flour, mixing until combined.

Fill each cupcake liner 2/3 full and bake for 20-22 minutes.

Raspberry Champagne Butter cream:
1/2 cup butter
2 1/2 cups icing sugar
1/2 tbsp meringue powder
4 tbsp champagne
1/4 cup raspberry puree
pinch of salt
To make the frosting, add the butter and icing sugar to the bowl of an electric mixer, beat until smooth.  Add in the meringue powder, salt, champagne and raspberry puree and beat for a few minutes until fully combined.
Frost the cupcakes with the champagne raspberry frosting and add a few fresh raspberries for decoration.
Pin It

9 comments:

Amy said...

So glad you liked the cupcakes! LOVE the addition of raspberry puree in the frosting! It sounds delicious and looks stunning!

Rachel Cotterill said...

I bet the raspberry was a great addition - certainly looks gorgeous :)

Unknown said...

Gorgeous cupcakes! I bet they taste delicious!

shelley c. said...

Yum! Those look and sound delicious and like the perfect treat for a celebration. I love the addition of the raspberries, too - Yum!

Rebekah said...

Oh so pretty! I love the gorgeous color of the frosting, and I bet it was scrumptious!

Unknown said...

You're cupcakes are gorgeous and that raspberry puree really made a beautiful color. Thanks for sharing this one!

Miz Helen said...

Hi Sarah,
Your cupcakes look delicious and the Raspberry Puree is just the right touch. Hope you are having a great day and thanks for sharing.
Miz Helen
SRC Group B

Julie said...

Beautiful cupcakes!! Visiting from SRC B!

Morsels of Life | CJ Huang said...

Your cupcakes look great, especially with that raspberry frosting!