Sunday, December 7, 2014

Turkey Tetrazzini

Like most people in America last week I had a fridge full of leftover turkey and no idea what to do with it.  My first thought was a turkey pot pie but as I had just made a pie for my secret recipe club assignment I realised I had better come up with something else.  I finally decided on turkey tetrazzini and I pretty much made the pioneer woman recipe, with a few things taken away and a few things added.


1/2 stick butter
1 onion, diced
4 cloves garlic, minced
1 lb mushrooms, sliced
1 cup white wine
4 cups chicken broth
1/4 cup flour
2 cups frozen mixed vegetables
1/4 cup heavy cream
1/2 tsp fresh thyme
6 slices bacon, chopped and cooked
3 cups diced turkey
2 cups monterey jack cheese
12 oz spaghetti, cooked
1 cup panko
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper

Preheat the oven to 350.

Melt the butter in a large pan, add in the diced onion and cook for about 5 minutes, until softened.  Add in the garlic and cook for another minute before adding the mushrooms, salt, pepper and the white whine.  Cook for about 5 minutes until the wine has reduced by half.

Sprinkle the flour over the mushrooms and stir to combine, add in the broth and bring to a boil then let simmer for 5 minutes until thickened.  Add the cream cheese to the pan and mix well to combine.  Add in the turkey, mixed vegetables, thyme, cheese, bacon and spaghetti, mix well.  Finally stir in the heavy cream then transfer to a baking dish, top with the panko and bake for 30 minutes.


Pin It

No comments: