Thursday, May 14, 2015

Cream Cheese Chip Dip

This recipe was my mother in law Arlene's.  I never got to meet her as she died when Randal was 17, however I have come to know her through the box of recipes that belonged to her and now to us.  The box is filled with my husbands favourite childhood meals and snacks, and we regularly make many of her recipes, especially her meatloaf and this chip dip that Randal grew up eating.

This dip is one of the first things that Randal ever made for me when I came to visit him here in the states for a week, crazy to think that was 13 years ago now.  I remember wanting to go home and make this for my family but we didn't have miracle whip in England, so I couldn't quite replicate it, and it does not taste the same with mayonnaise, we found that out the hard way recently when Randal grabbed the mayo and used that without realising!


8oz cream cheese
1/3 cup milk
4 tbsp miracle whip

Place cream cheese in a bowl and beat until smooth.  Add the milk gradually while whisking until very smooth and shiny.  Add in the miracle whip and whisk together.  Serve with chips.


Pin It

No comments: