Monday, May 4, 2015

Honey Bun Coffee Cake

Today I ended up having a very rare and unexpected day off from daycare, because it was so unexpected I hadn't planned on baking a cake today, but I was wasting some time on pinterest and this coffee cake ended up on my screen.  As I have mentioned a few times I am loving all things cinnamon lately, so I saw that cinnamon sugar layer in this cake, checked the ingredients and realised I had everything I needed, and practically ran to the kitchen to throw it together.

This cake is made with a few simple ingredients, comes together very quickly, actually the most difficult part was waiting for it to cool down enough so I could try it!


1 yellow cake mix
8 oz sour cream
4 eggs
3/4 cup vegetable oil
1 cup light brown sugar
1 tbsp cinnamon

glaze:
2 cups icing sugar
4 tbsp milk
1 tbsp vanilla

Preheat oven to 325 and grease a 9x13 baking dish.

In a small bowl, mix together the cinnamon and brown sugar, set aside.

In a large bowl, mix together cake mix, sour cream, eggs and oil.

Spread half of the cake batter into the baking dish.   Cover with the cinnamon sugar.  Top with the remaining cake batter.  Bake for 40 minutes.

When the cake is baked, make the glaze by mixing the icing sugar, milk and vanilla together.  Pour over the warm cake and leave to cool.

Pin It

No comments: