Friday, January 23, 2009

Pepsi Pot Roast

Anyone that knows my hubby, knows that two of his favourite things are beef and pepsi, so I figured a meal made out of the two should be pretty perfect for him!

I have made pepsi pot roast a few times now, and I have to say that it is probably my favourite way of slow cooking a pot roast. I am really not a fan of dry onion soup mix or those cream of mushroom soups that many pot roast recipes seem to have, so I like to use a can of tomato sauce mixed with the pepsi and a dash or two of worcester sauce in my pot roast.


Ingrediants:
Beef roast
2 cups pepsi
1 can tomato sauce
1 teaspoon worcester sauce
1 onion
Red potatoes
Baby carrots
Celery stalks
2-3 tablespoons quick cooking tapioca
Salt and pepper to taste


Pour the tomato sauce in bottom of crock pot, add the sliced onion, carrots, potatoes and celery


Add the worcester sauce


Season beef and place on top of vegetables... I usually brown the meat before adding to the pot, but I was running late this time and to be honest I had just cleaned my kitchen and really didn't want to dirty another pan!


Pour in the pepsi


Add the tapioca


Cook on low for 8 hours


The finished roast, it was so good, and I'm glad I have another beef roast in the freezer so I can make this again soon!

2 comments:

PiscesDreamming said...

Ironic.... I was looking for something to make tomorrow... Thanks! :}

Anonymous said...

Sarah, what size can of tomato sauce is that? I used a can, but I think it was too much.