Monday, May 4, 2009

Mango Guacamole

I have been making this Rick Bayless recipe for a while now, it's my favourite quacamole, and a bowl of it doesn't last long around here.

I forgot to take pictures of it last week, and the only ones I have are from when I made it last summer to post on a message board I am a part of. They were taken with my old camera so the quality is not great, and please ignore the dirty bowl! the recipe is so good though, I just have to post it!




Ingredients
3 large ripe avocados
1/2 small red onion, diced
1 fresh serrano chile, seeded and finely chopped
2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro, plus a few leaves for garnish
2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
1 medium ripe mango, peeled, flesh cut from the pit and diced
Salt

Cut the avocados in half, scoop the avocado flesh into a large bowl. Coarsely mash the avocado with a large fork. Add onion to the avocado along with the serrano, cilantro and lime juice.
Mix in 2/3 of the diced mango. Taste and season with salt. If not using immediately, cover with plastic wrap pressed directly on the surface of the guacamole and refrigerate – preferably for no more than a few hours.
When you’re ready to serve, scoop guacamole into a serving bowl and garnish with the remaining diced mango.

No comments: