Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Chicken and Dumplings Casserole

Another recipe I found on pinterest! I haven't had much luck with making traditional chicken and dumplings, and even though I was not sure about this recipe, I am really glad I decided to try it. Randal and I both really enjoyed this.


3 chicken breasts
2 cups chicken broth
1 can cream of chicken soup
1 cup self rising flour
1 cup milk
1/4 cup butter

Bring the chicken broth to a boil, add chicken breasts and simmer for 15 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through.

Remove chicken from broth and leave to cool. Strain the chicken broth.

Pre heat the oven to 400 degrees. Melt the butter and pour into the bottom of a 9x13baking dish, shred chicken and place ontop of the butter. Whisk the milk and flour and carefully pour over the chicken. Mix the chicken soup into the reserved chicken broth and pour over the milk and flour mixture. Bake for 45 minutes.

No comments: