Monday, March 5, 2012

Chicken Crescent Roll Casserole

Yet another Pinterest recipe! last week I was looking for really simple and quick meals, and had Randalpick a few from my Pinterest page. After the first bite of this I didn't think I liked it very much, but by the end of dinner I was quite happy with it. Randal actually liked this quite a lot and said he would be happy to have this again, but with a bit of spice next time.


1 large can refrigerated crescent rolls (8 rolls)
1 can cream of chicken soup
¾ cup grated cheddar cheese
½ cup heavy cream
Filling
4 ounces softened cream cheese
4 tablespoons softened butter
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1⁄3 cup onion , finely chopped
2 large cooked chicken breasts , finely chopped
¾ cup finely grated cheddar cheese
½ teaspoon seasoning salt
½ teaspoon ground black pepper
2 tablespoons heavy cream
1 -2 cup grated cheddar cheese

Preheat oven to 350.

Butter a casserole dish large enough to hold the 8 rolls.

In a saucepan, mix cream, 3/4 cup grated cheese and chicken soup, heat just until the cheese melts.

To make the filling - in a bowl, mix the soft cream cheese with butter until smooth, then add in garlic powder, chicken, onion (I cooked the onion in a little butter before adding it to the filling, because I hate raw onion, and wanted to make sure it would be fully cooked) and cheddar cheese, the 2 tablespoons of heavy cream, season to taste and mix until combined.

Unroll the crescent rolls and place 1 heaping tablespoon of the chicken mixture in the middle of each crescent triangle, then roll up.

Add a small amount of soup mixture on the bottom of the casserole dish, place the crescent rolls seam-side down and pour the remaining sauce on top and top with 1-2 cups of grated cheese, bake for 30 minutes.

2 comments:

hamham said...

I must thank you for the efforts you've put in penning this blog. Terrific article! That is the kind of info that should be shared across the internet.

www.n8fan.net

Leslie Lim said...


First time I commented in a blog! I really enjoy it. You have an awesome post. Please do more articles like this. I'm gonna come back surely. God bless.

www.imarksweb.org