Saturday, November 9, 2013

Moroccan Lamb Burgers

I love lamb burgers, Randal prefers more traditional hamburgers but I still make myself delicious burgers like these, and just freeze the remaining patties for another time.  I usually would make a mint and feta lamb burger, but thought I would try something different this time.  


1 1/2 lbs ground lamb
1/2 cup fresh mint
1 shallot, chopped
1 clove garlic, minced
2 tbsp dried currants
2 tbsp pine nuts
1 tsp lemon juice
1 tsp lemon zest
2 tbsp fresh parsley
1/2 tsp ground cumin
1/2 tsp ground coriander
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper

In a food processor combine the currants, pine nuts, shallot, garlic, parsley, lemon juice and zest, cumin, coriander, cinnamon, salt and pepper.  Process until it forms a coarse paste.

Place the currant mixture into a large bowl, add the lamb and mix together well.  Form into four patties.  Grill burgers for 5 minutes each side.

I served mine on an onion roll as that's my favourite roll for any burger, topped with some tzatziki sauce and lots of fresh mint.

Pin It

No comments: