Monday, January 27, 2014

Lemon Blueberry Muffins

I had a container of blueberries that the daycare kids didn't eat last week, and as neither Randal or I will eat blueberries by themselves I decided to make some muffins.  I found this lemon blueberry muffin recipe at  I Heart Eating and I was so happy with the results, loved the lemon with the blueberries and the sugary top was probably Randal's favourite part!


Lemon Sugar Topping:
2 tbsp granulated sugar
2 tsp lemon zest
 
Muffins:
2 ½ cups all purpose flour
1 cup sugar
1 ½ tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
2 large eggs
1/4 cup butter, melted
1/4 cup plain Greek yogurt
1 cup milk
1 tsp vanilla extract
6 oz. fresh blueberries 
1 tbsp lemon zest 
 
To make the topping, combine the sugar and lemon zest in a small bowl, set aside.
 
Preheat oven to 425 and line a muffin pan with liners.
 
In a large bowl, mix together the flour, sugar, baking soda and salt.  Make a well in the middle of the flour and add in the eggs, butter, yogurt, milk and vanilla, stir until combined.

Fold in the blueberries and lemon zest, fill the muffin liners with the batter and top with the lemon sugar.

Bake for 15-20 minutes.

Pin It

No comments: