Friday, January 31, 2014

Sausage Casserole

Sausage casserole was another dish I used to eat growing up and because we always made it with a tin of heinz baked beans, anytime I make sausage casserole now I have to include them. 

It isn't easy for me to find English sausages here in Houston, so unfortunately I have to take what I can get and they aren't anything close to as good as the sausages back home. 


6 English pork sausages
1 onion
8 oz mushrooms
1 garlic clove, minced
2 tbsp tomato paste
1 tin diced tomatoes
1 cup chicken stock
1 tsp smoked paprika
1 tbsp worcester sauce
1 tsp italian seasoning
2 tbsp dark brown sugar
1 tin of heinz baked beans
salt and pepper

Brown the sausages in a little oil, place in a casserole dish.

Add in the diced onion and sliced mushrooms and cook for 5 minutes.  Add in the garlic and cook for a couple of minutes before adding the tomato paste, tinned tomatoes, paprika, italian seasoning, sugar, worcester sauce, baked beans, chicken stock and salt and pepper. 

Pour the sauce over the sausages and bake at 350 for 25 minutes.

Pin It

No comments: