Friday, October 23, 2015

Pumpkin Spice Cookie Butter Cupcakes

I know I just posted the pumpkin spice cupcakes with cinnamon cream cheese frosting, however in reality I made those back in early September, I have no excuse I'm just a lazy blogger!
The original cinnamon frosting was great, had no complaints with it, until I found Trader Joe's pumpkin cookie butter, the minute I laid eyes on it I knew it had to be frosting.  One of my most popular cupcakes are the Chocolate Biscoff, so how could a pumpkin version for Autumn be anything short of amazing?

All I can say is that these cakes definitely made the bake sale list and I may have gone back to Trader Joe's and stocked up on jars of pumpkin cookie butter for fear they would run out!


Pumpkin Spice Cupcakes:
2 1/4 cups all purpose flour
1 cup pumpkin puree
1/3 cup light brown sugar
1 cup sugar
2 eggs
3/4 cup milk
1 stick unsalted butter, softened
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp nutmeg
1/2 tsp ginger
1/2 tsp ground cloves
1/2 tsp ground allspice
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder

Pumpkin Cookie Butter Frosting:
1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
1/2 cup salted butter, softened
3/4 cup pumpkin cookie butter spread
1 Tbsp vanilla extract
3 cups icing sugar
3 Tbsp milk

Preheat oven to 350, line a muffin tin with cupcake liners.

In a medium bowl, sift the flour, spices, salt, baking powder and soda, set aside.

In the bowl of a stand mixer, add the butter and sugars, beat until smooth.   Mix in the eggs, followed by the milk and pumpkin puree, finally mix in the flour until just combined.

Fill the cupcake liners 2/3 full and bake for 20-22 minutes.

For the frosting, in the bowl of an electric mixer, beat the butter and cookie butter until smooth.  Add the vanilla and icing sugar and mix until combined, add the milk and beat.

Frost the cupcakes with the frosting, melt a few tablespoons of the cookie butter in the microwave and drizzle on the cupcakes, top with crushed biscoff (the original cookie butter brand) cookies.

Pin It

No comments: