Thursday, October 22, 2015

Pumpkin Spice Cupcakes with Cinnamon Cream Cheese Frosting

It is that time of year again when I am testing out recipes for the United Way bake sale that is held at my husbands office every Autumn.  This year time has just flown by though because the bake sale is being held on November 2nd, and I really don't feel prepared.  I make around 15 different recipes and have my own table to fill, so I usually spend a few months testing recipes, planning and list making, and while I have tested a few recipes, here I am just over a week away and I don't even have my completed list of what I am making, haven't even started making my huge shopping list for ingredients (the amount of eggs I buy alone is crazy!) but anyway, I started out with these pumpkin spice cupcakes the minute September arrived, it may not feel like Autumn in Houston but at least I can pretend!


2 1/4 cups all purpose flour
1 cup pumpkin puree
1/3 cup light brown sugar
1 cup sugar
2 eggs
3/4 cup milk
1 stick unsalted butter, softened
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp nutmeg
1/2 tsp ginger
1/2 tsp ground cloves
1/2 tsp ground allspice
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder

Frosting:
1 stick unsalted butter
1 8oz. package cream cheese
Seeds from 1 plumped vanilla bean (vanilla beans plumped in rum for at least 2 weeks)
2 cups icing sugar
1 tsp ground cinnamon

Preheat oven to 350, line a muffin tin with cupcake liners.

In a medium bowl, sift the flour, spices, salt, baking powder and soda, set aside.

In the bowl of a stand mixer, add the butter and sugars, beat until smooth.   Mix in the eggs, followed by the milk and pumpkin puree, finally mix in the flour until just combined.

Fill the cupcake liners 2/3 full and bake for 20-22 minutes.

To make the cream cheese frosting in the bowl of an electric mixer beat the butter and cream cheese until smooth. Add the vanilla, cinnamon and icing sugar and beat for 3 minutes, until thick and fluffy.

Pipe the cream cheese frosting onto the cupcakes and top with cinnamon.

Pin It

No comments: