Friday, December 12, 2008

Crockpot Red Chicken Curry With Butternut Squash

I saw this recipe on another food blog (but I don't remember which one) and it looked so good I just had to make it!

1 medium onion diced
1 red bell pepper
1 butternut squash peeled and chopped
2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
1 tsp each cinnamon, ginger and cumin
2 tsp red curry paste
2 cloves garlic
Juice from 1/2 lime
1 can coconut milk
1 cup chicken broth



Place the onion, pepper (I used green as I didn't have red) and squash in the bottom of the crockpot


Cut chicken into small pieces and toss with the cinnamon, ginger and cumin, saute chicken for a few minutes until browned, then place in crockpot


Combine curry paste, coconut milk, lime juice, garlic and broth in blender and blend until smooth


Pour over chicken and vegetables, cook on low for 6 hours, thicken with 1 tsp corn starch before serving

No comments: