Friday, June 26, 2009

Special K Cookies


Last weekend we had a bbq block party in our neighbourhood, and I made a number of desserts, one of which was these special k cookies (I'll be postng all the other recipes soon) I found the recipe for these cookies at Adventures In The Kitchen I didn't have original special k, so I used what I had which was the special k red berries. These cookies are very good and very crunchy!

1 cup flour
1 tbsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 cup butter softened
2/3 cup sugar
1 tsp. vanilla
1 egg, beaten
3 cups Special K cereal, crushed

Preheat oven to 350 degrees

In a large bowl mix butter, sugar and vanilla together, beat in egg

In a separate bowl mix dry ingredients together. Add to the butter mixture along with 2 cups of Special K

Roll into 1 tsp balls and roll the balls into remaining crushed Special K cereal and place on a cookie sheet

Bake until golden brown 8-10 minutes

No comments: