I've been looking for some new pasta recipes and this one looked good, but both the hubby and I found it to be a little bland, so if we made it again we would definitly want to play around with the recipe.
* 2 cups (8 oz.) dry penne pasta (or small pasta of your choice)
* 1 lb. lean ground beef
* 1 medium onion, chopped
* 1 can evaporated milk
* 1/2 can pumpkin
* 1 can (15 oz.) tomato sauce
* 1/2 tablespoon packed brown sugar
* 1/2 tablespoon paprika
* 1/2 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
* 1 teaspoons salt
* 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
* 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
* 1 cup frozen peas, thawed
Cook pasta in large saucepan for 1 to 2 minutes less than package directions (pasta should be slightly firm in texture); drain.
Cook beef and onion in large saucepan over medium-high heat until beef is no longer pink; drain. Reduce heat to medium. Stir in evaporated milk, pumpkin, tomato sauce, sugar, paprika, Worcestershire sauce, salt, garlic powder and black pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, until mixture begins to simmer. Add pasta and peas; stir until heated.