Thursday, May 19, 2011

Cheesecake Pancakes

I wanted to make this pancake recipe as soon as I saw them on the front cover of the food network magazine. I think I have eaten american style pancakes 3 times in the 9years I have lived here, so why I had to make these I don't know, and they were good, but halfway through the first one I decided that pancakes still weren't my thing! thankfully the hubby liked them!


1 1/2 cups strawberries, sliced
2 tablespoons seedless strawberry jam
1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 1/4 cups buttermilk
1 large egg
1/4 cup vegetable oil
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
Pinch of salt
2 cups chopped frozen cheesecake
Cooking spray

Mix the strawberries, jam and 2 tablespoons warm water in a bowl.
Pulse the flour, buttermilk, egg, vegetable oil, granulated sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a blender until smooth. Transfer to a bowl and stir in the cheesecake pieces, keeping them whole.

Coat a large nonstick skillet or griddle with cooking spray and heat over medium heat. Working in batches, pour about 1/4 cup batter into the skillet for each pancake. Cook until bubbly on top, about 4 minutes, then flip and cook until the other side is golden brown, about 2 more minutes. Transfer the finished pancakes to a baking sheet and keep warm in the oven. Serve the pancakes topped with the strawberry sauce.

No comments: