Monday, January 28, 2013

Cornbread Salad

I got this recipe from my friend Allison.  I had never heard of cornbread salad, but I knew Randal would love it.  I actually lost the recipe that Allison gave me, but I remembered enough of it that a quick search showed that you can pretty much add anything you would like to this salad, so I went with Randal's favourites such as bacon, corn, jalapenos and bell peppers.  I also halved the recipe as most seemed to use 2 boxes of cornbread mix and I knew we didn't need to make that much.


1 box Jiffy cornbread
4 slices bacon, cooked
1/4 cup red onion, diced
1/2 cup red bell pepper, diced
1 jalapeno, diced
1/2 cup canned corn
Mayonnaise

Make the cornbread per package instructions, leave to cool.

Crumble the cooked cornbread into a large bowl.  Chop the cooked bacon and add to the cornbread, along with the onion, bell pepper, jalapeno and canned corn.  Add enough mayonnaise to bind all the ingredients together.  Season with salt and pepper and refrigerate.
 
  Pin It

No comments: