Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Yorkshire Puddings

This year I really want to make more of an effort to make more traditional English food. Maybe it's because this May it will be 10 years since I left England for good, but I definitely feel less English as the years go by, my accent is so confused these days, it really is a mix of southern English and American and I have to make an effort to say things the English way and I don't like it. 

Anyway, these Yorkshire puddings were so good, I can't remember the last time I had them (probably the last time my Mum visited, 3 years ago) and they are so quick and easy to make, but like everything else it's been too easy to let go of all my English favourites and traditions, but I really am going to try to make more of an effort this year.


150 grams plain flour
313 ml milk
1 egg
Pinch of salt
Oil

Sift flour and salt into a large bowl. Make a well in the middle, add the egg to the well and mix together.  Set aside for an hour.  Add half a teaspoon of oil to a muffin pan and put the tin into a 450 degree oven until the oil is very hot.  Removed from the oven, fill the muffin pan half way with batter and bake for 20 minutes, until puffed and crisp.


Pin It

No comments: