Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Sausage and Pepper Sandwiches

I don't make Italian sausage often because I am not a fan of it, even though Randal loves it. These sandwiches from pass the sushi appealed to me because it mixed the sausage with beef so I thought I would like it enough, and I knew Randal would enjoy these. The original recipe was made in the slow cooker, but I decided not to do that and they turned out great.


1 lb sweet sausage
1/2 lb ground beef
2 15oz cans fire roasted tomatoes
1 8oz can tomato sauce
1 small onion, sliced
1 red pepper, sliced
1 green pepper, sliced
Sliced provolone
Fresh rolls

Brown the sausage and ground beef in a large pan.  Add the roasted tomatoes, tomato sauce, onion, and peppers into the meat and cook for 30 minutes over medium heat.

Butter split rolls and toast in a hot pan until lightly browned, add provolone and top with the sausage mixture.
Pin It

No comments: