Sunday, June 3, 2012

Boston Market Cornbread

We have never tried Boston Market cornbread so I don't know why I really wanted to try this, especially considering that I don't really like cornbread much at all anyway.  I know that Randal loves cornbread though, so I thought this would be an interesting recipe, and it really doesn't get much easier than mixing a corbread mix and a cake mix together. As cornbread goes this is actually quite good and I was just flipping through the june Rachael Ray magazine and saw a recipe for blackberry cornbread and now I really want to make this again with blackberries.



1 box jiffy cornbread mix
1 box jiffy yellow cake mix
2 eggs
1/3 cup milk
1/2 cup water

Preheat oven to 350.

Mix the cornbread mix with 1 egg and the third cup of milk.  In a seperate bowl combine the cake mix, egg and milk.  Combine both mixes together and spray an 8x8 baking pan with non stick spray, pour batter into dish and bake for 30 minutes.

Pin It

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I tried a recipe for this on another site that called for two Jiffy cornbread and a standard-size box of yellow cake. It just tasted like yellow cake, and not great. Would it worked to use to cornbread and the Jiffy cake mix.