Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Bacon Wrapped Tater Tots

Every year for Valentines day I make a lot of new appetizers for us.  This year I felt quite bad that because of the daycare I just couldn't make as many from scratch recipes, as I have done in years past.  This is probably why I tried to use a lot of my husbands favourite foods, which is why I made these bacon wrapped tater tots.  They are very simple and easy to make but I knew that Randal would love them.


Tater tots
Bbq sauce
Bacon, cut into thirds

Cook the tater tots according to package directions.

While the tots are baking, cook as much bacon as you need to wrap around the amount of tots that are baking.  Cook the bacon until some of the fat has rendered but it is still pliable, if the bacon gets too crispy it won't wrap around the tots.  Leave to cool for a few minutes until it can be handled.

Wrap a piece of bacon around each tot and secure with a toothpick.  Brush with bbq sauce and bake for 15 minutes at 350.
Pin It

No comments: