Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Crescent Roll Monte Cristo Bites

I had some crescent roll dough left over after making a few of the chicken cordon bleu roll ups, and when trying to decide what to make with the remainder of the dough I thought about trying to make a version of a monte cristo, a sandwich that I have only ever tried at a restaurant called cheddars, and the first time I ordered one I was horrified by the raspberry jam and powdered sugar, but that was a long time ago and my taste buds have since become Americanized !

Crescent rolls
sliced turkey
sliced ham
sliced swiss cheese (you can use any cheese you like, swiss is what I had on hand)
raspberry jam
icing sugar

Press 2 of the triangles of crescent dough together.  Spread a thin layer of jam over the dough.  Cover with the sliced cheese, then the ham and turkey.  Roll up the dough and place on a baking sheet and bake for 20 minutes at 375.  Let cool for a few minutes before slicing and dusting with icing sugar.

Pin It

No comments: