Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Amish Cinnamon Bread

I know that this is a bread recipe that I made in a bundt pan, but the reason for that is even though I have at least 2 bread pans, I can't find them. We moved into our house 2 years ago this month and we still have a closet full of unpacked boxes. Pretty sure my missing bread pans are somewhere in that closet.

Anyway, I found this recipe over at Redfly Creations and knew immediately that Randal would love this, and as I had some buttermilk in the fridge I needed to use up I gave it a go, bundt pan and all.

This is a really simple recipe to make, and we both enjoyed the end result, and a few days later we used the last of it to make french toast, which Randal loved but as I am not a fan of sweet french toast (I much prefer mine with baked beans and ketchup!) I left that for Randal.


1 cup unsalted butter, softened
2 cups sugar
2 eggs
2 cups buttermilk
4 cups all purpose flour
2 tsp baking soda
2/3 cup sugar
2 tsp cinnamon 

In a small bowl mix together the 2/3 cup sugar and the cinnamon, set aside.

In the bowl of an electric mixer cream together the butter and the 2 cups of sugar.  Add in the eggs.  Add the milk, flour, and baking soda and mix until combined.  Put half of the batter into a greased pan (be it bundt or bread) and top with 3/4 of the cinnamon mixture. Add the remaining batter and bake for 45 to 50 minutes. Once the cake has cooled, remove from pan and top with the remaining cinnamon sugar.

Pin It

No comments: