Friday, April 5, 2013

Kale Ginger Rice

I was planning on making a pork and snap pea dish that I found over at  Green Lite Bites The pork was served with a kale and ginger rice and as I had everything on hand that I would I need I figured why not try it also, it's a great way to use up kale and it did go really well with the pork and snap peas.

1 cup jasmine rice
2 tbsp oil
1 cup kale, finely chopped
1 tbsp grated fresh ginger
2 tbsp soy sauce

Bring 2 cups of water to boil in a medium saucepan.

In a medium frying pan over medium high heat, heat one tablespoon of the oil and add the rice and fry for a minutes until the rice turns white.  Add to the boiling water, reduce the heat to simmer, cover and cook for 15 minutes, or until the water has been absorbed and the rice is tender.

While the rice is cooking, heat the remaining tablespoon of oil to a large frying pan and cook the kale for a few minutes until it softens.  Add in the cooked rice, the ginger and soy sauce. Mix together and serve.


Pin It

No comments: