Saturday, April 20, 2013

Cardamom Rice with Beans and Peas

I made this Jamie Oliver rice recipe to go along with his beef kofta curry. I usually just make plain jasmine rice for curries but I thought this cardamom scented rice with beans and peas looked really good and was just something a little different.

1 cup jasmine rice
2 cups water
5 cardamom pods
8 oz green beans
8 oz peas
2 tbsp oil
salt

In a large pan heat the oil over high heat.  Add the rice and fry until the rice turns white.  Add in the 2 cups of water, salt, cardamom pods and the fresh green beans.  Reduce heat to simmer, cover and cook for 15 to 20 minutes, until the water has been absorbed and the rice is cooked.

Fluff the rice with a fork, add in the peas and cook for another minute or two, just long enough to heat the peas. 

Pin It

1 comment:

Carole said...

Sarah, I love what you have done here with peas and beans. Please drop me a line on ca4ole@gmail.com if it is ok with you if I link to it on my blog, Carole's Chatter. Cheers