Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Mediterranean Chef salad

One of the best things about grocery shopping at HEB are all the food samples they give out. We have found so many great recipes through samples at HEB, and as soon as I tasted this salad last week I made Randal go back and ask for the recipe card. I had everything in my cart that this salad needed anyway, except for the turkey, so I changed my lunch plans for the week so I could make this.


1 lb extra lean ground turkey
1 can kidney beans, drained and rinsed
1 bunch spring onions, chopped
1 head romaine lettuce
1 bag baby lettuce medley
1 large tomato
1 large avocado
1 garlic clove, minced
1 tbsp olive oil
salt and pepper

Dressing:
1/2 cup plain greek yogurt
3 tbsp fresh mint
1 tbsp lemon juice

Heat the oil in a large pan.  Add the turkey and cook for 5 minutes.  Add in the garlic and cook for another minute, season with salt and pepper and add the kidney beans and cook for another minute.  Remove from heat and stir in the spring onions.

To make the dressing, finely chop the mint and stir it into the yogurt and add the lemon juice.

Tear romaine into bite sized pieces and place onto a serving platter.  Top with the lettuce mix.  Spoon the turkey mixture over the lettuce, add the tomato and avocado and drizzle with the dressing.

Pin It

No comments: